If you are suffering from hair loss, there are chances you might be looking for real hair wigs. You have a choice. There are synthetic wigs and there are wigs made from real human hair. It is true that synthetic wigs give you a long lasting hair-do without burning a hole in your pocket. They also dry faster and are easy to take care of.
But, there is one pitfall that, perhaps, has given real hair wigs an edge over artificial ones. Synthetic hair melts when exposed to hot styling products. On the other hand, wigs made from human hair give you the feeling of having real hair on your head. They appear real too. This is not all. You can restyle them with curling irons, blow dryers, and hot rollers.
Whose Hair Is In There?
Mostly, European hair is used instead of Indian/Asian hair to manufacture human hair wigs. This is because European hair is finer. When opting for such wigs, you must educate yourselves about the pros and cons of using these wigs. You must know their various textures and styles, and, of course, costs.
How To Fix A Wig On The Head?
When you have natural hair on the head, special clips would do the job of holding the wig over your hair. If your natural hair is thick, you might need to don a skull cap on your head and then fix the wig over it.
For people with thinned out hair or baldness, you need double-sided sticky tape to fix the wig over your head. You may need a few practice sessions to gain mastery over wearing wigs. The wigmaker can assist you with this.
Tips To Care For Real Hair Wigs
- Such wigs need extra care. For people who are bald and do not wear a skull cap, you must ensure your scalp is not oily. Oily scalp may create the risk of the wig slipping away or giving it a greasy appearance.
- Always place your wig on a mannequin or hair stand after taking it off your head.
- Avoid washing your hair wig daily, as it may thin out or break down.
- Washing your wig after wearing it 6-8 times during summer and 12-15 times during winter is enough.
- The best way to dry a wig is blotting it with a towel and then letting it air dry.
- Use a gentle brush to style your wig. Never style when the wig is wet.
Real hair wigs are a cool way to enhance your looks and make a style statement.
Real hair wigs are a far better option compared to synthetic man-made wigs. Not only do they look more real but they also come in various different textures and styles. Moreover, unlike artificial wigs, they can be restyled with the help of a straightening and curling iron. Visit http://www.simplywigs.co.uk for more information.